Monday, August 15, 2011

I Visit the Zoo (Part 2)

Although seeing Kalina, the baby elephant at the Indianapolis Zoo, was definitely a special moment, I was excited to see my large feline cousins:  lions, tigers, leopards, and cheetahs.  I took some photos.  Hope you enjoy them.  (Sorry, but my cheetah picture didn't turn out.)


Yep.  King of the Beasts.  That's This Dude


Probably Needing a Nap, I'm Guessing

Staying Cool in the Shade

Curiosity on Both Sides of the Protective Glass



Such beautiful big kitties!  Do you know where lions, tigers, and leopards live in the wild?  How could you find out?  Well, you could visit the Library and browse our books about these majestic, wild cats.  You may search the Library's online catalog, where you'll find A Visual Introduction to Wild Cats, by Bernard Stonehouse; illustrated by Richard Orr (Checkmark Books, 1999).  MPL Call No. J 599.75 STO.  It has lots of interesting pictures of my big feline relatives, and you can learn where they live, what they eat, and what they do.




Your Roving Reporter On The Go,


Cauli Le Chat



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.