Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Trip to the Zoo (Part 1)

Yesterday I visited the Indianapolis Zoo.  There were lots of cool animals to see and neat habitats to explore, but I really wanted to see the new baby elephant.  So off we went to the elephant area.

I'm just the right size for a stroller, so I thought I'd check one out.


Who's Going to Push Me?  Just Asking.

On the way there, I saw this cool bench picturing my feline friends.


Cauli Le Chat With Her Feline Friends

The baby's name is Kalina.  She was named by people who voted on the zoo's web site.

"Hi! I'm Kalina"


Kalina Nursing With Kubwa, Her Mama





Just the Cutest Little Dude!

Kalina is already big enough so she can nurse from her mother without having to stand on a stool.  She has grown quickly and will one day be a huge grown-up elephant.

We'll take a look at the rest of my zoo trip in upcoming blog postings. It's something to look forward to!



Your Roving Reporter On The Go,


Cauli Le Chat



P.S.  Do you like books about elephants?  Watch our book trailer about the children's picture book Busy Elephants, by John Schindel and Martin Harvey (photographer).


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.