Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Fifi & Scruffy Are Getting Married

I received this invitation by special delivery last week.




Guess who it's from?  I'll give you a hint:  they're slobberdogs.




Well, I never could play the guessing game. Greenwood Public Library (GPL) is having a wedding for two of their literacy slobberdogs, Scruffy and Fifi. This is THE social event of the year in Greenwood, Indiana, so you'll want to register to save a spot at the big event. Have your grown-ups register through the GPL online calendar or call (317) 885-5035.

Although they're called "puppets" in the invitation, I suspect that this is some kind of literacy lingo. Anyone who has read The Velveteen Rabbit knows how stuffed animals become real.

I'll be attending the wedding ceremony, although I'm reporting it, so you probably won't see me (we roving reporters keep a low profile).  Trusted minions will once again be taking photographs.  Watch for my report early next week.



Your Roving Reporter On The Go,


Cauli Le Chat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.